1/3 cup chicken broth
14 ounces diced tomatoes
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 large onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon fennel (I like it crushed)
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Goat cheese or dairy free cheese
1/2 pound ground hamburger
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
How To Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each zucchini, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh. You can discard zucchini insides or save for another use.
2. Set zucchinis into baking dish; add chicken broth in the bottom.
3. Place tomatoes in a large bowl with 2/3 of the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Chop the onion, then add it to the skillet and sauté until translucent.
5. Add hamburger, Add all the seasonings minus the fresh parsley and cook while breaking apart until no longer pink (about 4 minutes).
6. Remove from heat, combine with tomato mixture.
7. Spoon the mixture into the zucchinis. Top with either goat cheese or dairy free cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, chop parsley.
8. Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle each zucchini boat with parsley. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Zucchini can be frozen and served at a later date. To reheat, place frozen covered dish in a cold oven. Turn heat to 375F, and bake at until hot in center, about 45 minutes.