Pomegranate seeds don’t just taste great, they are packed full of nutrients! The benefit is just an extra treat to these juicy seeds. Here are a few of the health benefits:
- Antioxidants: the seeds get their vibrant color from polyphenols
- Vitamin C: the juice of one pomegranate contains more than 40% of your daily requirement for vitamin C.
- Pomegranate juice recently made a splash when researchers found that it may help stop the growth of prostate cancer cells.
- Alzheimer’s disease protection: the high concentration of antioxidants is believed to stall Alzheimer disease and protect memory.
- Digestion: pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestion. It may be beneficial for people with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and other inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory: because of the high concentration of antioxidants it can help reduce inflammation throughout the body and prevent oxidative stressand damage.
- Arthritis: Flavanols in the juice may help block the inflammation that contributes to osteoarthritis and cartilage damage. The juice is currently being studiedfor its potential effects on osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other joint inflammation.
- Heart disease: has been labeled the most heart-healthy juice as it helps protect the heart and arteries.
- Nutrient dense: In addition to vitamin C and vitamin E, pomegranate juice is a good source of folate, potassium, and vitamin K.
8 ingredients · 35 minutes · 4 servings Directions
3 cups Water
2 Beet (peeled, chopped)
2 tbsps Avocado Oil
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3 cups Mixed Greens
2 Clementines (peeled, sectioned)
1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- Bring the water and beets to a boil. Cook for 25 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- While the beets cook, make the dressing. Combine the oil and apple cider vinegar in a jar and shake vigorously until combined.
- Divide the mixed greens evenly between plates. Top with the cooled beets, clementines, pomegranate seeds and cheese. Add the dressing and enjoy!
Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Dairy-Free Use nutritional yeast instead of feta cheese, or simply omit the cheese. Additional Toppings Add nuts and seeds