This delicious dish can be made vegan very simply. This is a dish my family LOVES! I hope yours enjoys it as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts cubed
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4-6 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream in the can
- ½ cup of coconut milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1 ½-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Green onions, chopped
- Bacon crumbles or bacon alternative
- Vegan or goat cheese
- Chives, chopped
- Boil cut potatoes for 20 minutes, remove and use an immersion blender or place them in a blender. (I leave some out as I like a chunky potato soup). Sauté the onion, celery and carrots over medium-high heat. Add all the ingredients to the crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Once blended, pour into crockpot, Salt to taste. Serve hot with optional toppings of choice.