🍂 Don’t Miss Out On This Seasonal Superfood ! 🥧
October means pumpkin season! I love incorporating pumpkin into my diet all year round but especially at this time of year. Pumpkins are like powerhouses for your health. They’re high in…
✨ Beta-carotene (an antioxidant and precursor for vitamin A)
✨ Vitamin C (to support immune health)
✨ Lutein and Zeaxanthin (for better eyesight)
✨ Potassium (for heart health)
✨ Fiber (for detox and digestive health)
PLUS—pumpkins are low in calories, making them a nutrient-dense food to add to your diet. Pumpkins are great added to smoothies, soups, baked goods, and even pizza 😂
What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? Here are some delicious ways to enjoy pumpkin!
“Pumpkins are low in calories, making them a nutrient-dense food to add to your diet.
🍂 Savory Pumpkin Risotto (DF)
Active time: 40 minutes Total time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
4 cups chicken broth
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups arborio rice
1 cup white wine
6 fresh sage 1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
How to prepare
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepan and reduce the heat to low to keep the broth hot.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Add the half of the olive oil to a deep-sided skillet or sauté pan and set the heat to medium. Sauté the onion until soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine to the rice and stir. When the liquid has completely absorbed, begin adding the chicken broth, one cup at a time. Do not stop stirring. Repeat this process until you’ve used all (or most of) the broth and the rice is tender and creamy-looking, but still al dente, about 15–20 minutes total. During cooking, check and adjust the heat, as needed, to maintain a steady simmer.
- Chop the sage leaves.
- Stir in the pumpkin, black pepper, salt, remaining olive oil and sage. Continue to cook until the ingredients are well combined.
- To reheat leftovers, warm in a pan adding a few tablespoons of filtered water at a time until warmed through and desired consistency is reached.
Cassava Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Active time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes Servings: 24
Ingredients For the snickerdoodles:
1/2 cup palm shortening
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon gelatin
1 1/4 cups cassava flour
For the topping:
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine all cookie ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar.
- Form dough into small balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar until very well coated. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes.
Nutrition Data. https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2601/2